United Kingdom Tour Packages
BEST SELLERS TO BRITAIN & IRELANDHoliday packages to Britain & Ireland with best prices
|Scottish Outland Adventure||7 days||Starting from $1329*|
|From Dublin to London||9 days||Starting from $1499*|
|Irish Discovery||9 days||Starting from $1219*|
|England, Scotland & Wales||13 days||Starting from $2319*|
|Highlights of Ireland & Scotland||12 days||Starting from $2069*|
|The Best of Britain & Ireland||15 days||Starting from $2399*|
|Grand Tour of Britain & Ireland||18 days||Starting from $2869*|
TRAVELING TO BRITAIN & IRELAND FOR THE FIRST TIME?With Britain & Ireland’s most impactful history, myriad cultures, and world famous landmarks, Cosmos will help you in deciding where to go, when to go, how long to stay, and how to get the most out of your holiday to the United Kingdom.
Planning your Britain & Ireland TravelStart your planning by first deciding on the total time you have to get away. And are you looking at this trip as your “once in a lifetime chance” to see it all? If so, make room for at least ten days. Or is it a true starter vacation to get a taste of this beautiful region of Britain & Ireland before a return trip or two? In that case, one week is our minimum recommendation. If you only have a short amount of time to get away, plan to visit just one major destination. Choose between some of the most popular British, Scottish and Irish cities, or you may prefer a leisurely vacation just to one of these regions.
Top Things to Do in Britain & IrelandScenic Beauty: England, Scotland, Wales & Ireland are littered with the most breath-taking landscapes. With stunning coastline, awe inspiring cliffs, emerald green vistas, deep lakes, craggy mountains and windswept moors, the beauty of this region will makes you instantly fall in love with it. Cliffs of Moher, Isle of Skye, Ring of Kerry, Lake Windermere are just some of the jewels in this spectacular area.
Literature & Poetry: Some of the World’s most famous authors, story tellers and poets are from this part of the world. From Shakespeare to John Milton to Jane Austen to William Blake, they have captivated all of us with their rich contributions to the world of Literature & Poetry. Stratford Upon Avon, the birthplace of Shakespeare, is a must-do site when you go to England.
Theatre: London’s theater scene rivals that of New York’s Broadway, so be sure to catch a show.
Shopping:From high end luxury to the flea markets and everything in between, multiple shopping options are available for travelers going to Great Britain and Northern Ireland. At every city, you’ll be welcomed either by the window displays of leading international brands, modern designer shops and traditional shops that have been there since time immemorial.
Best Time to Visit Britain & IrelandBritain and Ireland are largely summer destinations, in terms of weather. Hence, the peak travel period is June to August. Travelling earlier or later to avoid the holiday rush is a good idea. Having said that, they are year-round destinations as they have a different charm in each season, depending on the experience you are looking for. If traveling during the summer, the weather is warmer and the days stay light longer, so you can see more. However, if you want to escape the crowds and see what locals are like in their everyday lives with fewer tourists, the off-season may be the best time to go. November or January to March offer lower rates with the same opportunities for theater, restaurants, stores, and museums. Make sure to check attraction hours, as many have reduced hours and days. May is a good time to travel, since it is warmer but not quite at the height of tourist season for others in the world.
Temperatures in Britain & IrelandThis chart should give you a good idea of the type of temperatures you can expect.
|Shoulder Season (March to May)||12°C to 18°C||9°C to 15°C||8°C to 15°C|
|Peak Season (June to August)||15°C to 21°C||18°C to 20°C||15°C to 20°C|
|Shoulder Season (September to November)||10°C to 20°C||9°C to 16°C||8°C to 15°C|
|Low Season (December to February)||5°C to 9°C||6°C to 7°C||2°C to 8°C|
Best Season to travel to Britain & IrelandThese countries are the perfect destination to visit throughout the entire year, since they have largely a temperate climate. Each season is charming in its own way and offers a distinctive flavour of the city at different times through the year. However, if offered a choice, we recommend traveling in summer, since the days are longer and warmer. It is important to keep in mind that the region’s weather is a bit unstable. So, even if you find clear blue skies in the morning, it may get cloudy and rain several times throughout the same day, while alternating between sunshine and rain. Always keep an umbrella handy with you.
Languages in England, Scotland, Wales & IrelandEnglish is widely spoken through United Kingdom. However, you will be surprised to know that English is not the actual official language of this region. English is the defacto language used by all, but it is more by usage than by law that it is the official language. Other than English itself, Welsh is spoken in Wales, Gaelic & Scots in Scotland, Irish in Ireland and Cornish in Cornwall. Due to this, the accents of various regions seem vastly different and might sometimes sound like you are hearing a totally different language.
“MUST SEES” OF BRITAIN AND IRELANDNo matter who or how well traveled you are, seeing the main sites in each city is a “must.” Here are a few standout sites that make the destination unique and present great photo ops.
LONDONLondon is a vibrant city filled with thousands of years of history, fascinating museums, beautiful parks, magnificent churches, amazing shopping, exciting nightlife, and sumptuous international cuisine. London has an efficient public transportation system with subways— known as the Tube—and buses, making it easy to travel.
- Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament
- Westminster Abbey – The site of royal weddings and coronations.
- Buckingham Palace – Visit the official London residence of Britain’s monarchs since 1837.
- St. Paul’s Cathedral – Designed by Sir Christopher Wren and built 300 years ago.
- Tower of London – This amazingly preserved landmark is full of history and houses the Crown Jewels.
- London Eye – An enormous Ferris wheel on the banks of the River Thames that gives amazing views of the city.
- Museums – London boasts of some of the best museums in the world. Make sure to visit – The British Museum, Natural History Museum, Victoria & Albert Museum among others. They house a collection of art and antiquities from prehistoric to modern times.
DUBLINDublin—Ireland’s engaging capital— welcomes visitors with its rich history, bustling streets, and lively atmosphere filled with its many pubs. Originally a Viking settlement, Dublin is now the island’s largest city and a popular tourist destination.
- Trinity College and Book of Kells – Ireland’s oldest university.
- O’Connell Street – Lined with statues, this is Dublin’s main traffic artery.
- St. Patrick’s Cathedral – It is the National Cathedral for the Church of Ireland.
- Temple Bar – Check out Dublin’s cultural quarter with its outdoor cafés, international restaurants, unusual shops, and fun pubs.
- Dublin Castle – Occupied since its creation in 1204 AD, it has played an important role in Ireland’s history.
- Guinness Storehouse – Enjoy hearing the story of GUINNESS® and savor some of this world-famous beer.
- Kilmainham Gaol – A famous prison that once held key figures in the Irish rebellions, it now gives an in-depth insight into the history of the struggle for Irish independence.
EDINBURGHA city known for its friendliness, Edinburgh has two distinct areas: the medieval Old Town and the 18th-century New Town. Scotland’s capital, Edinburgh offers travelers UNESCO World heritage sites, cosmopolitan cuisine, interesting shops, and so much more.
- Edinburgh Castle – In the Middle Ages, Edinburgh was Scotland’s chief royal castle.
- Royal Mile – The Royal Mile connects Edinburgh Castle to Holyrood Palace and offers many restaurants, cafes, and shops.
- Holyrood Palace – The Queen’s official residence in Scotland, it has served as the residence for the kings and queens since the 15th century, including Mary, Queen of Scots.
- Royal Yacht Britannia – One of the world’s most famous ships, it served as the royal yacht of Queen Elizabeth for 44 years.
WHY CHOOSE COSMOS FOR YOUR BRITISH & IRELAND HOLIDAY PACKAGE?
- Our famous value: complete travel packages include hotel, transportation, sightseeing and a Professional Tour Director for as low as US$1199.
- Up to 30% cheaper than traveling on your own.
- Hassle-free touring with all the logistics looked after.
- Visits to all major and must-see sights included.
- Authentic destination experience with expert Tour Directors who belong to the region.
- Well located hotels selected with care for their standards.
- Balanced itineraries with free time to explore on your own.
- Opportunity to sample local cuisine & do what locals do.
- Cosmopolitan vacations with travel companions from different countries across the world.
- Optional excursions at unbeatable value – diverse enough for unique interest and at unbeatable value.
- A dynamic blend of transportation includes first-class motor coaches and cruises!
- Personalize with extra nights and value priced airport transfers.
- Choice of over 100 itineraries with departure dates throughout the year.
- Cosmos receives a 96% satisfaction rating on our customers’ post vacation surveys
- Recommended by Budget Travel from renowned travel expert Arthur Frommer.
- We are celebrating over 60 years’ experience in showing people the world!
Extensions and/or combinations are available for this vacation! Click here and make your vacation unforgettable!
More Travel Opportunities
First Class Touring by Globus
At Globus, we create first-class escorted tours with just the right balance of included features & free time. We’re all about hidden gems, not hidden charges. We throw in more visits, toss in more experiences & include more sightseeing.Visit Globus
River Cruising by Avalon Waterways
Avalon Waterways sets the standard in river and small-ship cruising by offering you the best views in river cruising. Avalon has the newest fleet, the most included shore excursions, the widest range of choices and extraordinary itineraries.Visit Avalon Waterways