TRAVEL TERMS & CONDITIONS
These Terms & Conditions apply to 2018 vacations and all vacations booked through Cosmos
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
1. The purchase/payment of any travel services offered by Group Voyagers, Inc., located at 5301 South Federal Circle, Littleton, CO 80123, USA, which is authorized to do business as Cosmos (hereinafter “Cosmos”), constitutes a contractual arrangement between the Traveler (“you”) and Cosmos, through Group Voyagers, Inc., and represents your unconditional acceptance of the Cosmos Terms & Conditions set out herein. You must be at least 18 years of age to make a booking. As the lead traveler, you accept, and confirm you have authority and consent to accept, these Cosmos Terms & Conditions for yourself and all members of your traveling party.
2. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand these Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions are subject to change after the publication of this brochure. You are advised to check on the websites or to request the latest version of the Terms & Conditions from your Travel Agent or Cosmos prior to booking your vacation. Terms & Conditions for vacations offered by Cosmos are given herein and at CosmosVacations.in. Other Terms & Conditions may apply to vacations listed in this brochure. See our website for more information.
How to make your reservation
3. To make your reservation, see your Travel Agent, who is authorized by Cosmos,contact Cosmos, or for more information, visit our website at CosmosVacations.in.
4. An initial $250 non-refundable, non-transferable, per-person, per-vacation deposit is required to reserve space for you, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Cosmos accepts Visa and MasterCard. Payment of the deposit indicates you have read and unconditionally accepted these Terms & Conditions. Your booking is not confirmed until the deposit is processed by Cosmos and you receive a confirmation invoice. Your tentative reservation is automatically canceled if the deposit is not received by Cosmos by the deposit due date as mentioned in your invoice. On certain departures, deposits may be required at the time of booking to hold or to confirm space for you.
5. You are responsible for verifying everything on your invoice is accurate and complete, including dates of travel, options selected, and that each name matches the relevant passport. Cosmos cannot accept responsibility if we are not notified of inaccuracies within five days of sending out the invoice. After the expiration of the 5-day period, the vacation details shall be deemed and taken as correct. Changes after the 5-day expiration period are subject to the fees and penalties noted below. In the case of billing errors, Cosmos reserves the right to re-invoice you with correct pricing.
LAND FINAL PAYMENT
6. Final payment for your vacation is due 45 days prior to commencement of services, with some limited exceptions, as set forth below. Within the final payment date, payment in full is required at time of booking to reserve space, including Trip Protection premiums. Reservations (land, cruise, and air) are canceled if final payment is not received by the due date; cancellation penalties apply, as noted below. Cosmos is neither responsible nor liable to compensate you under any head, for canceled land and/or air reservations in the event the complete payment is not received by the final payment date.
EXCEPTIONS APPLY TO THESE VACATIONS:
7. For group reservations, the Group Policy will apply. Cosmos will provide a copy of the Group Policy upon request by you or your travel agent.
8. The following deposit and/or final payment dates apply to these vacations. Please see your confirmation invoice for more information on deposit and/or final payment dates. Deposit, final payment, and cancellation terms for vacations offered by Cosmos can also be found at CosmosVacations.in.
- For programs to Cuba, final payment is due 90 days prior to commencement of services.
- For vacations that include Oberammergau in 2020, an additional $350 per person non-refundable per person deposit is due on June 15, 2019. Initial deposit prior to that date is the standard $250 per person non-refundable.
- For cruise vacations that include a cruise on the Santa Cruz II and Galápagos Legend, final payment is due 90 days prior to the commencement of services.
- For vacations that include the Rocky Mountaineer train or VIA Rail, final payment is due 65 days prior to the commencement of services.
- For vacations that include a Holland America or Celestyal cruise, final payment is due 75 days prior to the commencement of services.
- For all other Cosmos vacations to South and Central America, Asia, South Pacific, and Africa, final payment is due 60 days prior to the commencement of services.
- Addition exceptions may apply to vacations with tour codes starting with 7 and Monograms, Globus and Avalon vacations. Please see our websites for the Terms & Conditions applicable to those vacations at CosmosVacations.in, GlobusJourneys.in.
9. Acceptance on the vacation is subject to presentation of the Cosmos Traveler Certificate, which will be available in your final Travel Documents.
COSMOS AIR OPTIONS
AIR-INCLUSIVE VACATIONS & FINAL PAYMENT
10. Additional deposits or payments are required for international air added to the start and/or end of your vacation and/or for Intra-vacation air, as specified in the itinerary (“air-inclusive vacations”). Air-inclusive vacation pricing is guaranteed upon receipt of full land plus air deposit or land deposit plus full airfare price, depending on type of airfare purchased. Air-Inclusive vacations are available only Ex-USA for South and Central American vacations. Intra-vacation air is non-refundable after final payment.
11. Air-inclusive vacations include all taxes, fees, and fuel surcharges. These taxes and fees include:
- September 11th Security Fee up to $11.20 per person
- Passenger facility charges up to $18 per person
- Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.10 per segment
- All U.S. and international arrival and departure and other government-imposed fees added by the airlines and applicable at the time of booking.
BOOKING CANCELLATIONS & FEES
12. If a booking cancellation is received by Cosmos prior to the final payment date of your vacation, your non-refundable land deposit and Trip Protection premiums will be retained and forfeited in addition to any intra-vacation air deposit or payment, and/ or any other entity’s imposed cancellation fees or penalties, including, but not limited to airline, hotels and cruises.
13. For individual reservations, the following per-person cancellation fees shall apply for cancellations within final payment date. Total price does not include discounts, promotions, or special incentives. (For group reservations, refer to the Group Policy.)
14. Trip Protection premiums are always non-refundable once purchased and will be added to the cancellation fees noted below.
STANDARD CANCELLATION FEES
- 45-22 days prior to commencement of services: 20% of total price*
- 21-8 days prior to commencement of services: 30% of total price*
- 7-1 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price*
- On departure day and later: 100% of total price*
EXCEPTIONS TO THE STANDARD CANCELLATION FEES
15. For programs that include Cuba:
- 90-60 days prior to commencement of services: 20% of total price*
- 59-30 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price*
- 29-16 days prior to commencement of services: 75% of total price*
- 15-0 days prior to commencement of services: 100% of total price*
16. For vacations that include Oberammergau in 2020, the following cancellation fees apply:
- 45-22 days prior to commencement of services: 40% of total price*
- 21-8 days prior to commencement of services: 60% of total*
7-1 days prior to commencement of services: 80% of total price*
- On departure date or later: 100% of total price*
17. For cruise vacations that include a cruise on Santa Cruz II and Galápagos Legend, the following cancellation fees apply:
- 90-60 days prior to commencement of services: 35% of total price*
- 59-30 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price*
- 29-1 days prior to commencement of services: 80% of total price*
- On departure day and later: 100% of total price*
18. For vacations that include a Holland America or Celestyal cruise:
- 75-57 days prior to commencement of services: 20% of total price*
- 56-29 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price*
- 28-16 days prior to commencement of services: 75% of total price*
- 15-0 days prior to commencement of services: 100% of total price*
19. For vacations that include the Rocky Mountaineer Train or VIA Rail train:
- 65-47 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price*
- 46-0 days prior to commencement of services: 100% of total price*
20. For all other Cosmos vacations to South & Central America, Asia, South Pacific and Africa, the following cancellation fees apply:
- 60-22 days prior to commencement of services: 20% of total price*
- 21-8 days prior to commencement of services: 30% of total price*
- 7-1 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price*
- On departure day and later: 100% of total price*
21. Addition exceptions may apply to other vacations referenced or not listed in the brochure. Please see our website for the Terms & Conditions applicable to those vacations at CosmosVacations.in or at GlobusJourneys.in.
22. *Total price does not include discounts, promotions, special incentives, air, or air service fees, which are non-refundable within the payment timelines. Intra-Vacation Air is non-refundable after guarantee/final payment.
23. Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour. If flight changes, including but not limited to flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply (see “Revision Fees” below). In many instances, airline revision or change fees can be up to $300, but in some instances may be up to 100% of the ticket price. Cancellation penalties will be quoted at time of cancellation.
24. Cosmos reserves its absolute and unfettered right to cancel or reschedule any vacation departure for any reason, including insufficient demand or force majeure. If a vacation is canceled prior to departure, Cosmos’ only responsibility will be to refund the amount received for the reservation. However, Cosmos will try to rebook the same vacation with a different departure date, or a similar vacation subject to the vacation cost applicable on the different departure date, but there is no guarantee of availability of offering. For air-inclusive vacations, Cosmos will try to confirm air schedules for the selected new dates, subject to availability. Furthermore Cosmos shall not assume responsibility for any additional costs or any fees relating to the issuance and/or cancellation of air tickets or other travel arrangements not made through Cosmos.
REVISIONS & REVISION FEES
25. In addition to any airline-imposed change fees, a fee of $30 per person will be charged by Cosmos for any alteration or revision made to a reservation after deposit is received. Any revision to a booking, including but not limited to flight cancellations or name changes, may result in the loss of confirmed airline reservations, increased airfare, or increased hotel/cruise tariff, which shall be payable solely by you. In many instances, airline revision or change fees are up to $300, but in some instances may be up to 100% of the ticket price.
26. Intra-vacation air, cruise, and hotel penalties may also apply to alterations or revisions to a booking, and may be up to 100% of the full price which shall be payable solely by you.
27. A change of traveler name, vacation date, or itinerary within final payment will be treated as a full cancellation and new reservation; vacation and airfare cancellation fees (as above) apply.
28. Airfare may be purchased through Cosmos for travel originating from the United States for vacations to Central and South America. All carriers are independent operators and are not owned, managed, or operated by Cosmos. Your airline ticket is a contract between you and the air carrier only, even if you purchase through Cosmos. By purchasing your air services through Cosmos, you waive all liability for Cosmos for such air services and shall be bound by the Terms & Conditions of the carrier.
29. Cosmos shall not be responsible if an airline cancels, reschedules, or delays a flight for any reason. If you purchased air through Cosmos, we will try to assist in making new arrangements, provided you have not already checked in with your airline for your first flight segment. After check-in, you must work with the airline directly to reach your destination or to make any alternate arrangements, including amendments to return services. Please be aware, airline fees often apply for modifications to air schedules not related to airline-imposed flight cancellations, reschedules, or delays. These fees will be payable to the airline directly at time of request.
30. If you miss your departure flight or connection, it is your sole responsibility to work, coordinate and contact the airline on which you are ticketed to reach your destination. No refunds shall be provided by Cosmos for portions of trips missed due to canceled, rescheduled, or delayed flights after airport check-in, nor is Cosmos responsible for any additional expenses you may incur prior to joining your trip if you miss your departure flight or flight connection/connecting flights.
31. For air purchased through Cosmos, if any air schedule requires an overnight stay in a gateway city, Cosmos can assist you with hotel reservations; however, the cost of the overnight stay (including, but not limited to, hotel and meals) is your expense. Air routings are subject to availability. Routings are not guaranteed and are subject to change at any time.
32. When you make your own flight arrangements, Cosmos will not be responsible for any loss resulting from cancellation or changes in international gateways, itineraries, or travel dates. We recommend that you do not purchase airline tickets with high penalty charges for changes.
TSA AIRLINE INFORMATION
33. Under the Secure Flight Program enacted by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) requires airlines with flights in or over the United States to collect information from you for the purposes of Watch List matching. TSA may share information you provide with law enforcement or intelligence agencies or others under its published system of records notice. At time of booking a vacation with air reservations, Cosmos will collect the required information and add to your air booking to pass to the airline(s) for the Secure Flight Program. The information includes full name, date of birth, gender, and redress number (if available). Failure to provide the required TSA information at time of booking will result in the loss of confirmed flights and airfare price, as information is required for ticketing. Rebooking lost airfare is subject to schedule availability at time of rebooking and may result in alternate flight schedules and/or increases in airfare price. Any increase in airfare price is solely payable by you.
TSA AIRLINE INFORMATION
34. Some countries may require aircraft cabin insecticide treatment for inbound foreign flights. For more information about aircraft disinfection requirements and a list of countries requiring disinfection of inbound flights, visit http://ostpxweb.dot. gov/policy/safetyenergyenv/disinsection.htm.
FREQUENT FLYER & HOTEL REWARD PROGRAMS
35. Frequent Flyer mileage accrual is at the discretion of the airline(s), and is not always granted for airfare purchased through Cosmos. You will need to contact the airline(s) directly for information on Frequent Flyer Programs and any applicable reward mile accrual. Cosmos shall not assist with this process. Cancellation penalties (as noted above) shall apply to all airfare, regardless of accrual grants. Take this into consideration before purchasing airfare.
36. Hotel rewards/points cannot be earned or redeemed with hotels used by Cosmos.
37. All Tour Directors, Local Hosts, Local Guides, and ships’ crews speak English, and all vacation commentary is conducted in English only. For maximum enjoyment and understanding, you should be able to read and speak English.
AUTHORITY TO REMOVE OR REFUSE PASSENGERS
38. In the sole discretion of Cosmos, Cosmos may refuse transport to any passenger or may require any passenger to leave the tour if it is reasonably believed that the passenger (1) is dangerous to others or to himself or herself; (2) has engaged in, is engaged in, or is threatening to engage in, behavior that may adversely affect the safety, security, comfort, enjoyment, or well-being of other passengers or Cosmos representatives, including, but not limited to, behavior that is disruptive, verbally abusive, physically abusive, obnoxious, harassing, discriminatory, or obscene; or (3) has failed or refused, or is failing or refusing, to follow Cosmos’ rules and procedures or the instructions of Cosmos or its representatives. In the event a passenger is removed, such passenger may be left at any city without any liability to Cosmos or its representatives. Cosmos shall not be required to refund any portion of the price paid by any passenger who is removed under the terms of this paragraph, nor shall Cosmos be responsible for expenses for lodging, medical care, meals, transportation, or any other expenses incurred by the passenger. Cosmos shall be entitled to recover from the passenger any costs or expenses incurred by Cosmos or its representatives in the removal of the passenger or the exercise or enforcement of this clause. To understand travel etiquettes, please read page 183 or visit https://www.cosmosvacations.in/travel-faq/
PUNCTUALITY ON TOUR
39. Cosmos is not responsible for any losses, including missed sightseeing or having to make alternate travel arrangements, if you fail to meet the representatives of Cosmos at assigned timings and places/pick-up points while on tour. Cosmos will not refund nor cover any cost or expenses incurred or compensation, if any, claimed due to inability to maintain punctuality.
TRAVELERS WHO NEED SPECIAL ASSISTANCE ON TOUR AND/OR CRUISES
40. You must report to Cosmos any disability requiring special attention while on tour or on cruise at the time the reservation is made. Cosmos will make reasonable attempts to accommodate the special needs of disabled travelers, but shall not be responsible in the event it is unable to do so nor responsible for any denial of services by air carriers, hotels, restaurants, or other independent suppliers. Cosmos does not provide personal services (such as pushing a wheelchair, assisting with walking, etc.) and Cosmos does not provide individual assistance to a vacation participant for walking, dining, getting on and off coaches, cruise ships, and other vehicles, or other personal needs. A qualified and physically able companion should accompany travelers who need such assistance to take complete care of them and be fully responsible for them.
41. If we are not notified at time of reservation of any disability requiring special attention, Cosmos reserves the right to cancel your booking or terminate your vacation if your special needs or disabilities are not suitable for the vacation, pose a threat to the health and safety of other participants or Cosmos staff, are incompatible with other travelers, or if you are not traveling with a companion who provides all the assistance you require. Cosmos will not refund or cover any costs or expenses incurred for cancellation, booking, or termination of the vacation. Cancellation penalties, as above, apply.
42. Not all sightseeing stops/sites accommodate wheelchairs, and some locations and sightseeing activities require extensive standing, sitting, or walking—sometimes on unpaved or cobblestone streets. Cosmos will not refund or cover any cost or expense incurred for any missed activities due to a participant’s inability to fully participate with the group. The Americans With Disabilities Act is only applicable within the United States, and facilities for disabled individuals are limited outside its borders. Most transportation services, including the touring motorcoaches and cruise ships, are not equipped with wheelchair ramps. Although some of our ships have elevators, many small ships do not. Passengers requiring ship elevators should inquire before making reservations.
43. Motorized scooters and motorized wheelchairs are not suitable for international travel and are not permitted on Cosmos tours. Arrangements cannot be made to carry or use these on tour or cruise, and if you bring one, you will be asked to make alternate arrangements for transporting the scooter to your end destination at your expense.
44. Dietary requests and preferences must be provided to Cosmos at the time of booking. Generally, special dietary or meal requests cannot be processed and are subject to availability at the hotel or venue. There is no guarantee of availability, however, and there may be an additional charge associated with such request which is payable solely by you at time of service.
MEDICAL AND HEALTH
45. Cosmos does not employ medical personnel. Any medical attention you require while traveling with Cosmos must be sought through a local medical facility, if/when available, for diagnosis. All related charges are at your expense. Cosmos cannot guarantee the availability of medical facilities or for the quality of the care or services. Medical insurance is recommended in addition to Cosmos’ Trip Protection since Trip Protection does not cover medical or hospitalization expenses.
46. Cosmos reserves the right to remove or quarantine any passenger who shows signs of illness, or who poses a threat to the safety and health of other passengers. Removal or quarantine of passengers for any health, safety, or behavior-related assessment is at the sole discretion of Cosmos. Any costs incurred for medical assessments, diagnosis and/or any other medically-related charges are your responsibility to pay and are due at time of services. Passengers will be allowed to rejoin Cosmos with confirmed medical certification from a licensed health practitioner indicating fit to travel without causing harm or posing a safety threat to other passengers.
47. Travelers who are under 18 years old on the departure date must be accompanied by an adult throughout the vacation and must share an adult’s accommodation.
48. On vacations that include a Holland America cruise or on any vacation with an overnight stay in Las Vegas, at least one member of the traveling party must be 21 years of age or older.
49. Children under 8 years of age are not allowed on any Cosmos vacation. For any special requirements regarding airline tickets for children, contact your airline directly.
50. The following young traveler discounts apply to Cosmos vacations. The below discounts apply when sharing accommodations with two adults. To receive the young traveler’s discount, the age of the traveler must qualify at commencement of services.On Cosmos escorted vacations, young traveler’s ages 8-17 receive a 10% discount on the base land vacation price except those with a Galápagos cruise on the Galápagos Legend or Santa Cruz II in which there is no discount. Young traveler discounts for vacations offered by Globus, Monograms and Avalon Waterways can be found at GlobusJourneys.in
51. Due to heightened security, many countries have adopted practices to prevent international abductions of children. If a child will be traveling with adults other than the parents or with only one parent, it is recommended that a notarized letter be written by the parents or non-traveling parent granting authorization to travel, including the dates of travel. We suggest that you also contact the appropriate consulate and airlines because they may have additional requirements or recommendations.
SMOKING & ILLEGAL DRUGS
52. Smoking is not allowed on transportation that is exclusively provided by Cosmos. On cruise ships, smoking is restricted to certain areas of the vessel. Smoking includes cigarettes, e-cigarettes, cigars, e-cigars, or any other smoking device.
53. Many hotels, restaurants, and other venues are smoke-free or have non-smoking regulations in public spaces. Smoking may be restricted to certain areas or not allowed. You are responsible to abide by all third-party smoking policies.
54. Most hotels in North America have imposed a 100% non-smoking policy. If you require a smoking room, a request may be submitted, but we cannot guarantee availability.
55. Any carriage or possession of illegal drugs will result in immediate termination of the Cosmos vacation. You are responsible for knowing and observing the licensing laws for drug possession for all countries and states you are visiting. Repatriation is at your expense.
56. Cosmos follows a mandatory, daily seat rotation on motorcoaches. For the enjoyment of all passengers, you must adhere to the rules of the Tour Director regarding seat rotation. Alcohol or foodconsumption is not allowed on board Cosmos motorcoaches.
57. Many local laws require the use of seatbelts while traveling. When seatbelts are provided, you are responsible for wearing your seatbelt. Cosmos is not liable, nor are our service providers, for any injury, loss, damages, claims, or death resulting from any accident or incident if you were not wearing your seatbelt at the time of the accident or incident when the motorcoach is equipped with them.
58. All vacation prices are in U.S. Dollars and are based on rates (reflecting foreign exchange rates) known at the time of publication and expected to be in effect at the time of departure, and do not include airfare, except where noted on specific itineraries. Vacation prices are per person, based on double occupancy (two people sharing a room). Single room supplements and triple reductions are listed where applicable. Not all accommodation types are available on all vacations.
59. Prices are subject to change without notice, subject to the guarantees set forth below.
60. Once Cosmos has received your full land deposit for any cruise vacation, that land price is guaranteed and you are protected against any base land price increase due to currency surcharge. Any subsequent land or cruise cost increases are at Cosmos’ expense, not including energy cost increases and/or any government tax increases.
61. Pricing for air-inclusive vacations, including those with intra-vacation air, are guaranteed when Cosmos has received your full land plus air deposits and/or full air payment, as noted above. Cosmos reserves the right to ticket vacations with intravacation air, upon receipt of full land and air deposits; thus, any subsequent revisions made at your request are subject to airline-imposed change fees, cancellation fees, and/or changes in airfare price, which are your responsibility to pay. Instant Purchase Air is ticketed upon receipt of full air payment; thus, full cancellation fees, as noted above, apply.
62. Vacation departures in 2019 are subject to itinerary modifications. Full details will be available in September 2018. Travelers have the right to cancel their reservation without penalty within 7 days of notification in the event of itinerary modifications for departures in 2019 prior to the release of the 2019 brochure (excluding vacations with Oberammergau in 2020). Vacations with Instant Purchase Air will receive full refunds for changes to vacations or vacation dates in 2019 with the release of the 2019 brochure, providing notification of cancellation is received within 7 days. Vacations that include Oberammergau in 2020 are final and subject to full cancellation penalties
VISAS & PASSPORTS
63. It is your sole responsibility to verify all visa and passport requirements necessary for your vacation. You are solely responsible for obtaining independently and paying for all visas and entry documents for meeting all health and other requirements, and for any documents required by the laws, regulations, orders, and/or requirements of the countries you will visit. Cosmos shall not accept liability for any passenger refused entry onto any transport or into any country due to failure of the passenger to carry correct documentation or adhere to specific entry and exit requirements. Any visa information listed in the brochure or the websites is subject to change as per the consulates’ requirements. Travelers must consult with appropriate consulates to determine if any visas or other documents are needed. Multiple-entry visas are required for some vacations while other vacations may require visas from more than one country.
64. Cancellations due to visa denials will be charged per the cancellation policy, as noted above.
65. You must have a passport to travel internationally. Most countries require that the passport be valid for at least six (6) months beyond the conclusion of your trip. It is recommended you have a minimum of three blank pages in your passport when traveling.. The process of obtaining a visa and/or passport can take up to three months or more.
66. Some government agencies in foreign countries require Cosmos to collect and pass on certain personal and other details related to you, including, but not limited to, government issued identification and passport details. If you fail to supply the details, as requested, fully and accurately, your trip may be interrupted or canceled. There are no refunds for failure to provide documentation or failure to provide documentation by the time required.
HOTELS, ACCOMMODATIONS & TRANSPORTATION
67. The hotels listed on the website or in the brochure are intended to be used on all departures; however, hotels are not guaranteed. Cosmos reserves the right to substitute other hotels than those listed on the itinerary pages. If a change becomes necessary for any reason, including alternate hotels for additional departures on the same date, or hotel location changes within or outside itinerary cities, the hotel substituted will be of equivalent quality to those shown. No refunds are provided for hotel changes; full cancellation penalties, as noted above, apply.
68. Cosmos contracts twin-bedded rooms. Double-bedded rooms may be requested but are never guaranteed. Triple rooms are the same size as twin-bedded rooms and are at the discretion of the hotel. Triple rooms will have beds to accommodate three people, but three separate beds cannot be guaranteed. The additional bed, if available, is often a roll-away bed put in for the night. If there are only two beds, a roll-away may be requested but cannot be guaranteed. If available, additional charges may apply for a roll-away and are payable by you directly to the hotel. Some hotels do not offer triple rooms. When a triple room is not available, hotels may provide one twin-bedded room and one single room.
69. Single supplements ensure your own room, not necessarily a twin- or doublebedded room. Single rooms in hotels are generally smaller in size and may be less conveniently located. On overnight ferries, single cabins may not be available or are limited and singles may be asked to share.
70. Accommodations used on the tours may or may not accommodate wheelchairs or be wheelchair accessible.. See the TRAVELERS WHO NEED SPECIAL ASSISTANCE ON TOUR AND/OR CRUISES clause above.
71. Room and bed preferences are not guaranteed.
72. Check-in/Check-out times vary worldwide; Cosmos cannot control or guarantee check-in times. Early check-in and late check-out are subject to hotel availability and Cosmos is not able to process these requests.
73. Air-conditioning in European hotels is not guaranteed and dependent upon local and national laws and regulations. Though hotels may have air-conditioning as a listed amenity, the usage of air-conditioning is often not available at night or from October-May. Other restrictions may apply. Cosmos has no control over airconditioning restrictions and regulations.
74. In the rare event included train or air services are unavailable, alternate services will be provided. Itinerary timings are approximate and are subject to change.
75. By selecting a share accommodation, you are authorizing Cosmos to match you with another traveler as your roommate for the duration of your vacation. The roommate pairing will be of the same sex, and roommates will be assigned at time of travel. If no roommate pairing is available, you will receive the single accommodation at Cosmos’ expense.
76. Cosmos is not liable for any roommate pairing compatibility and, by accepting and purchasing a share accommodation, you waive Cosmos from all inherent risks in being assigned a roommate.
77. Cosmos is not responsible for any disputes between roommates (such as sleep patterns, snoring, noise, cultural differences etc.). Any dispute between roommates is your responsibility to resolve. During the vacation, alternate single arrangements, if available, may be secured but is never guaranteed. You are solely responsible for all expenses for any change in accommodation on tour and payment in full will be required immediately upon securing new accommodations.
78. All shares are strictly non-smoking.
BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE & LIABILITY
79. Porterage at hotels for one suitcase per person is included in the vacation price. Airport/train station porterage is not included, unless otherwise specified in your Travel Documents. Be prepared to carry your own suitcase on and off airplanes and trains and through airports and train stations. Regulations within most airports require travelers to handle their own luggage through customs.
80. Your single bag should have dimensions not exceeding 30″x21″x11″ and weight not exceeding 50 lbs (22 kg). We regret that we are unable to accept a second suitcase or any luggage exceeding these limits on any Cosmos vacation. Some vacations have more restrictive regulations than those listed above. Refer to your Travel Documents for more information.
81. Due to limited capacity on safari vehicles and flights when on safari, your single bag must be soft-sided and cannot exceed 33 lbs (15 kg) for vacations in Kenya and Tanzania, or 44 lbs (20 kg), including hand luggage, in Botswana, South Africa, and Zimbabwe. Hard-sided bags and any other inflexible luggage, including those with pull handles and wheels, are not permitted on the charter planes.
82. Air carrier restrictions may vary from the limitations listed above. Size and weight limitations for carry-on and checked baggage vary from airline to airline and even according to destination. While making an air-inclusive booking, you will be provided with baggage fee information. After booking an air-inclusive booking, up-to-date information on carrier-specific standard checked baggage allowance (including size and weight limitations), the standard allowance (and fee, if applicable) for carry-on baggage, and the standard fee for the first and second checked bag, along with the information about additional discounts that may apply depending on flyerspecific factors (e.g., frequent flyer status, military, credit card used for purchase, or early purchase over the Internet, etc.), can be found on the carrier’s website or by accessing iflybags.com. Cosmos is not responsible for additional fees imposed by air carriers for baggage, and these fees are not included in the air-inclusive vacation price. You will be required to pay these fees directly to the airline at check-in.
83. No responsibility is accepted by Cosmos for loss of or damage to baggage or any of the traveler’s belongings throughout the duration of the vacation. Travelers are strongly encouraged to not bring valuables such as jewelry and large amounts of cash. Any such valuables should not be left in baggage out of the control of the traveler. Baggage insurance is recommended in addition to Cosmos’ Trip Protection since Trip Protection does not cover lost or damaged baggage.
84. Carry-on bags should not exceed the dimensions of 12″x11″x 6″. For safety reasons, wheeled carry-on bags are not suitable as hand luggage on motorcoaches and mini-buses. Carry-on bags must be small enough to store in overhead bins or under the seat in front of you on motorcoaches and other transportation.
85. Passenger Travel Documents, including e-ticket itineraries, are released approximately 2-3 weeks prior to departure, provided full invoice payment has been received. If available, a service charge per reservation is added for documents requested in advance or for early air ticketing. If documents cannot be received through your Travel Agent or via e-mail and need to be delivered to any address by mail or courier, charges, as applicable, are paid by the passenger and these costs will be quoted at the time of reservation. Delivery of paper airline tickets will attract an extra delivery charge for covering courier expenses. This charge will be informed to you at the time of making the reservation.
86. Gratuities are included for services during the land stay of your vacation. This includes wait staff at included meals, hospitality staff at hotels for nights purchased through Cosmos, and porterage at hotels for one suitcase per person. Gratuities for your Tour Director, Local Hosts, Local Guides, driver, and ship’s crew are not included in the vacation price (unless otherwise noted in pricing details) and are discretionary. Travelers have the option pre-purchasing gratuities for the Tour Director and Driver at the time of booking.
87. For Cuba: Gratuities are included for services during the land stay of your program. This includes wait staff at included meals, porterage at hotels for one suitcase per person, as well as gratuities for your Cosmos Group Leader, Cuban National Tour Director, and driver. The Cuba by Land and Sea program also includes gratuities for your Cruise Director and ship’s crew.
88. Unless otherwise specified on your invoice, transfers arranged by Cosmos are provided by independent transportation companies and are group transfers operated by motorcoach and may have pre-set departures times. Cosmos is not responsible for flight delays, delays in immigration or customs, delays due to lost baggage, or for any reason beyond our control if you miss your transfer. Missed transfers are non-refundable.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE LAND/CRUISE VACATION PRICE
89. The following charges are not included in the land/cruise vacation price, unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; intra-vacation air, unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees, including checked and/ or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other perperson taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees, including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.10 per segment, and U.S. and international arrival and departure and other government-imposed fees added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour Director, Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship’s crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or on board your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Trip Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
90. Some South American countries (Argentina and Chile) require international travelers to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain details about these fees. If you would like more information prior to booking, please contact your Travel Agent.
91. Please note any request for refunds is subject to these Terms & Conditions; no refund will be made for unused services of less than 48 consecutive hours, for unused transportation where group activity tickets are involved, or for voluntary modifications made by the traveler. Airport transfers are complimentary with air booked through Cosmos on qualifying ex-USA flights and dates. However, not all flights or dates qualify. Customers not using the included transfer will not be given a cash equivalent or vacation price reduction.
SERVICE INQUIRIES AFTER THE VACATION
92. After returning from your vacation, if you wish to inquire about any services provided, ensure that all correspondence relating to those services is received by Cosmos, Traveler Services, Group Voyagers, Inc., (see address under “Responsibility”). Any grievance involving the vacation services offered in the brochure, or on the website, involving the negligence of any suppliers, sub-contractors, or agents, in relation to any service provided to the vacation participant, must be communicated to Cosmos while on vacation or within 30 days of the vacation completion. If there is a failure to communicate within this timeframe, it will be deemed that the vacation participant is satisfied with the services available. Compliance with the above timeframe is in your interest as any delay in forwarding the complaint could result in reduction or even rejection of the expected refund or compensation grievance from the supplier as it could take time by the supplier to properly investigate a grievance and could also get difficult and impossible to properly investigate if Cosmos is not advised of the grievance quickly. Hence, it is in your interest that you follow the complaints procedure set out in this clause
93. During local or national holidays or special events, peak seasons, on Sundays, and during religious occasions, certain facilities such as museums, churches, restaurants, sightseeing tours, hotels, and shopping may be limited or not available. Alternatives will be offered whenever possible. Cosmos cannot be held responsible for any closures, necessary itinerary changes, or curtails for any reason.
CHRISTMAS MARKET VACATIONS
94. Christmas markets generally open in late November and close around the third week of December.
95. Be aware that during your participation on vacations operated by Cosmos, certain risks and dangers may arise beyond our control, including, but not limited to: the hazards of traveling in undeveloped areas; travel by boat, train, automobile, aircraft, or other means of transportation; forces of nature; political unrest; acts of lawlessness or terrorism; and accident or illness in remote regions without means of rapid evacuation or medical facilities. Cosmos will not have liability regarding provision of medical care or the adequacy of any care that may be rendered. While Cosmos will use its best efforts to ensure that adequate measures are taken, by agreeing to participate in a vacation and/or optional excursions you agree that you will hold Cosmos harmless regarding any provision of medical care or the adequacy of any care rendered. Cosmos is not responsible for such risks and dangers that may arise beyond our control. Payment of your deposit indicates you accept these risks and dangers and agree to hold Cosmos harmless for such. 96. No weapons of any type are permitted on Cosmos vacations at any time. This includes, but is not limited to, firearms, knives, mace, brass knuckles, and other weapons of any type.
PHOTOGRAPHS & PICTURES
97. Photographs or pictures appearing in this brochure should be used solely as an indication of facilities and attractions. Actual facilities and attractions may vary according to itinerary. Maps shown on the vacation pages are current at the time of printing and may not reflect the actual routing should the itinerary change.
98. Optional excursions (“the Services”) available for booking are provided by local operators or other third parties that are entirely independent of Cosmos and do not form any part of the product or services sold to you by Cosmos or of these Terms and Conditions, even where Cosmos suggests particular operators/other third parties and/or assists you in booking such optional activities or excursions. Your contract for such services will be with the organizer or operator of that service and will be subject to its Terms & Conditions, which may contain exclusions or limitations of liability. Cosmos has no liability for any such optional activity or excursion or for any act(s) or omission(s) of the organizer or operator or for any of its employees or agents or any other person(s) connected with the optional activity or excursion and shall not be held liable or accountable, financially or otherwise, for any cancellations, deficiencies, or shortcomings in the said services.
99. Any advice or assistance on or with any service provided by any local representative does not mean or imply that the service is sold, supervised, guaranteed, or controlled by Cosmos or that any such advice or assistance is given or assured on behalf of Cosmos. Vacation participants are asked to check with the operator of any optional activity or excursion and the applicable Terms & Conditions before booking.
100. For operational reasons, not all optional excursions listed in the cruise itinerary, in print, online, or in Travel Documents may be available during your vacation. Your Tour Director will advise of availability while on the tour.
101. Optional excursions purchased online are subject to the Optional Excursions Terms & Conditions, which can be found at MyCosmos on the website.
102. Cosmos assumes no liability for any loss, damage, or entry of any nature in whole or in part resulting from an Act of God or any other force majeure condition, including, without limitation: fire, volcanic eruption, environmental pollution or contamination, inclement weather, earthquake, low or high water levels, flood, water or power shortages or failures, tropical storms or hurricanes, riots or civil commissions or disturbances, and any other acts of a similar nature, sabotage, arrests, strikes or labor disruptions, restraint of rulers or peoples, expropriations, acts of terrorism, war, insurrection, quarantine restrictions, government health advisories, or warnings or alerts of any kind of nature, government seizures, refusal or cancellation or suspension or delay of any government authority or any license, permit or authorization, damages to its facilities or the travel supplier and its facilities, or any other unforeseen circumstances or any other factors unforeseen by Cosmos that impacts negatively on, or hampers, its ability to fulfill any of its contractual conditions. In the event that any of these conditions apply, Cosmos shall be excused, discharged, and released from performance to the extent such performance is so limited or prevented, without liability of any kind.
103. Wi-Fi connectivity on transportation provided by Cosmos (for tours where Wi-Fi is available on the motorcoach) is provided by an independent third party with separate Terms & Conditions of usage and acceptance thereof. These can be found online or will be made available upon request. Wi-Fi connectivity is not guaranteed, and is often disrupted, unavailable, and slower internationally than you are accustomed.
104. Some government agencies in foreign countries require Cosmos to collect and pass on in advance of travel certain personal and other details related to you, including, but not limited to, government-issued identification and passport details. If you fail to supply the details, as requested, fully and accurately, your trip may be interrupted or canceled. There are no refunds for failure to provide documentation or failure to provide documentation by the time required.
105. We will use your personal data secured during your booking or during online check-in to process your booking with our suppliers. These details include your full name, address, date of birth, passport number and expiration date, occupation, credit/debit card information and any disability, medical conditions, or dietary restrictions disclosed to Cosmos for you and all of your traveling party.
106. It may be necessary to transfer these details to other countries or authorities in which the data protection and privacy laws are less stringent than ours. This may include requirements to pass details to our suppliers as well as certain governments or government-appointed bodies, or agencies in the interest of security or because we are obliged to by law. By making a booking with Cosmos, you agree to Cosmos storing, using, and passing on this data to other third parties for reasons as stated above and hold Cosmos not liable for the usage and protection of that data.
107. Group Voyagers, Inc., located at 5301 South Federal Circle, Littleton, Colorado 80123, USA, is an independent company (“the Company”) licensed to market and distribute travel products under the Cosmos, Cosmos, Avalon Waterways, and Monograms brand names, and arrange for the vacation services offered in the brochure or its website, including transportation, sightseeing, and accommodations through independent contracts.
108. Air carriers, accommodations, and other suppliers (including, but not limited to, trains, cruises, ferries, motorcoaches, hotels, and restaurants) providing services are independent contractors and are not agents, associates, sister concerns, employees, servants, or joint ventures of the Company or its affiliates. All certificates and other travel documents for services issued by the Company are subject to the Terms & Conditions specified by the supplier, which are available upon request, and subject to the laws of the countries in which the services are supplied.
109. The international carriage of passengers is subject to international conventions and treaties, where applicable. These international agreements limit and, in some events, exclude the carrier’s liability to passengers (vacation participants). Where any claim or part of a claim (including those involving death or personal injury) concerns or involves any travel arrangements (including the process of getting on or off the transport concerned) provided by any air, sea, inland waterways, rail, or road carrier or any stay in a hotel, the Company’s maximum liability is the maximum which would be payable by the carrier or the hotel keeper concerned under the applicable international convention, treaty, or regulation applicable to the travel arrangements or hotel stay (e.g., but not limited to the Warsaw Convention, the Montreal Convention for international travel by air, the EU Regulation on Air Carrier Liability for air carriers with an operating license granted by an EU country, the Athens Convention for international travel by sea) in that situation.
110. After departure, if the services included in the vacation cannot be supplied or there are changes in an itinerary for any reason whatsoever, including reasons beyond the control of the Company, depending on the circumstance, the Company will take reasonable action to arrange for the provision of comparable services. Any resulting additional expense will be the responsibility of vacation participants, and any resulting savings will be refunded by the Company to vacation participants. The Company reserves the right to accept or reject any person as a vacation participant; to expel any participant from the vacation or any itinerary in the vacation for indecent, disorderly, or inappropriate behavior; to make changes in the itinerary whenever the Company deems it necessary for the comfort, convenience, or safety of the participants; and to cancel a vacation at any time.
111. The vacation participant agrees that neither the Company nor its affiliates shall be liable for any damage, loss (including personal injury, death, and property loss), or expense occasioned by any act or omission of any supplier providing services, any insurer or insurance administrator under the Trip Protection plan, or any other person.
112. Any dispute between the vacation participant and the Company directly or indirectly relating to the Terms & Conditions shall be first submitted to mediation in Denver, Colorado, before a mediator mutually agreed to by the parties. If mediation is not successful, the dispute must be resolved by binding arbitration under the laws of the State of Colorado, USA, before the Judicial Arbiter Group or its successor located at 1601 Blake Street, #400, Denver, Colorado 80202, which shall be the seat of the Arbitrator/ Arbitral Group. The prevailing party shall be entitled to an award of costs and reasonable attorney’s fees.
113. Arbitration against the Company must be invoked in writing within one year following the date of tour completion under the laws of Colorado and not later. Neither the Company nor any affiliate shall in any case be liable for anything other than compensatory damages, and you hereby waive any right to claim punitive damages. The governing law for the arbitration proceedings would be laws of the State of Colorado, USA. The prevailing party shall be entitled to an award of costs and reasonable attorneys’ fees.
114. Any action to enforce the arbitrator’s decision shall be brought to the state or federal courts in the State of Colorado, USA. No person, other than an authorized representative of the Company by a document in writing, is authorized to vary, add, or waive any term or condition on its brochure or website, including any term or condition set forth in the preceding provisions.
115. COSMOS is a trade and service mark owned and/or applied for and/or registered by Cosmos European Travels AG, in the Indian Trademarks Registry and in other global jurisdictions. TURNING TRAVEL DREAMS INTO REALITY is a trade and service mark owned by Cosmos European Travels AG, and may be the subject of trade and service mark applications and/or registrations in other global jurisdictions. Globus Family of Brands (India) Private Limited, is an authorized user of the trade and service marks COSMOS and TURNING TRAVEL DREAMS INTO REALITY, owned by Cosmos European Travels AG.
116. The Globus family of brands is the world’s largest escorted travel company, and consists of Globus, Cosmos, Monograms, and Avalon Waterways. With a 90-year history, all our brands offer value, experience, and world-class customer service that is unmatched in the travel industry. Globus offers premium escorted tours; Cosmos is the world leader in budget vacations, with vacations for as low as $100 per day. Avalon offers top-end cruising on the rivers of Europe, Asia, and South America. Monograms provides exciting independent travel packages with invaluable onsite support, included sightseeing, and many inclusions.