Italy and Greece are steeped in history with a treasure trove of ancient sites and scenic beauty. On this affordable Italy & Greece tour, you’ll see the fantastic features these countries have to offer, starting in Rome and ending in Athens. In Italy, you’ll stay in Rome, and the Florence and Venice areas; in Greece, you’ll stay in Olympia, Nauplia, and Athens. You’ll also spend one night on a ferry-crossing of the Adriatic Sea from Ancona, Italy to Patras, Greece.Visit Rome with a local guide who brings ancient Imperial Rome back to life as you pass the Colosseum and the Roman Forum. Enjoy must-see sights, including Piazza Signoria, in the center of Florence; Juliet’s balcony in the medieval town of Verona; the byzantine mosaics in medieval Ravenna – a UNESCO World Heritage Site; and Pisa’s famous Leaning Tower. In Venice, take a boat ride to St. Mark’s Square for some relaxation and people-watching. While in Venice, you’ll have the opportunity to watch glassblowers create works of art as they have done for centuries. Step back in time on your visit to Athens’ Acropolis and the Parthenon, dating back to the 5th century BC and the most accurate indication of the influence and wealth of Athens at its greatest peak. Also visit Mycenae, dating back to 1350 to 1200 BC, where you’ll marvel at the arches, fountains, ramparts, and amazing masonry still standing. All of these elements come together perfectly to create a value-minded Italy and Greece tour like no other!
To know more about the visas for this vacation, click here
To know more about Indian Restaurants, click here
See Pisa's Leaning Tower, Verona Juliet's balcony, Venice canal boat ride, Ravenna Byzantine mosaics, visit Olympia, Corinth Canal. Guides:
Local Guides for city sightseeing in Rome, Florence, Mycenae, Athens; professional Tour Director while touring Notes:
Security cruise regulations require clients’ passport information at time of booking.
The following UNESCO World Heritage Sites can be seen or visited on this vacation:
- Acropolis Athens
- Archaelogical Site of Olympia
- Archaeological site of Mycenae
- City of Verona
- Historic Centre of Florence
- Venice and its Lagoon
- Piazza del Duomo Pisa
- Early Christian monuments of Ravenna
Touring by private, first-class, air-conditioned motorcoach; canal transfer boat in Venice; ferry Ancona-Patras in 2-berth cabins with private shower and toilet
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) – please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).