On this splendid Central Europe tour, you’ll discover the former Habsburg Empire. Your tour starts and ends in Munich. Along the way, you’ll overnight in some of Central Europe's most exciting cities: Prague, Vienna, Budapest, and Salzburg.In Prague, Vienna, and Budapest, join your Local Guides—experts who will share with you the history and secrets in their cities—for sightseeing of the must-see sights. Among the sights you will see in Prague are Charles Bridge, dating to 1357 and one of the oldest stone bridges in Europe, and the Astronomical Clock, built in 1410 with a sinister medieval figure of death who emerges to pull the bell cord. In Budapest, see the Parliament building, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and considered one of the world’s most beautiful parliament buildings, and Fishermen’s Bastion, which overlooks the city. In Vienna, view the Hofburg, the palatial complex and the political focal point for the Hapsburgs. You’ll have time on your own in Vienna to sit in a café with a piece of scrumptious Sachertorte while listening to a legendary waltz, or explore the inside of St. Stephen’s Cathedral with its Romanesque and gothic architecture. In Nuremberg, wander through the charming, pedestrian Old Town with its impressive medieval ramparts. In Salzburg, you may want to walk through the quaint streets of the town center and maybe visit Mozart’s house, or just browse through the typical shops to maybe taste some of the delicious chocolates.Vibrant cities and historic sights—along with some beautiful scenery of the Alps and the Danube River—make this a comprehensive tour through Central Europe for value-minded travelers.
To know more about the visas for this vacation, click here
NUREMBERG VisitPRAGUE Guided sightseeing, see the Astronomical ClockVIENNA and BUDAPEST Guided sightseeingDANUBE RIVER Scenic driveSALZBURG VisitMUNICH Dinner at local restaurant Guides:
Local Guides for city sightseeing in Prague and Budapest; professional Tour Director while touring Scenic Highlights:
Scenic Highlights: Danube River scenic drive Notes:
September 15, 16, 22, 23 & 29 Departures – OktoberfestDecember 1, 2, 8 & 9 Departures – include visits to Nuremberg, Prague, Vienna, Budapest & Salzburg Christmas marketsDecember 20 Departure – Christmas lunch in BudapestDecember 28 Departure – New Year’s Eve in Vienna, including festive dinner
The following UNESCO World Heritage Sites can be seen or visited on this vacation:
- Historic Centre of the City of Salzburg
- Historic Centre of Vienna
- Palace and Gardens of Schönbrunn
- Historic Centre of Prague
- Budapest, banks of the Danube
Touring by private, first-class, air-conditioned motorcoach with free Wi-Fi
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) – please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).